The LUSER manual page.Written by Eric L. Pederson [email protected]>
- luser - process to control the clueless induhviduals who
(mis)use computer systems, peripheral devices and system
administrators. Word play on "loser" and "user".
- luser [-d] [-g <level> ] [-s] <lusername>
- luser is the primary tool a system administrator uses to
manage end-user requests. This powerful tool can actually
cause the specified user to perform actions as specified by
With no flags, luser deletes every running process owned by the specified <lusername>.
- Disk reclamation mode. Remove all files in the home
directory of <lusername>.
- -g <level>
- Grovel mode. Causes the specified luser to make an act
of contrition to the sysadmin for past sins. The
indicates the severity of the contrition: LEVEL 0 User makes a sincere apology and promises to never do it again. 1 User buys sysadmin a large quantity of sysadmin's favorite beverage. 2 User signs over ownership of his/her car to sysadmin. 3 User resigns from the company after writing a long letter of apology detailing his/her failings. 4 User commits ritual suicide by sucking on a power strip and grounding himself to a conduit.
- Sysadmins are encouraged to use the -s option as a way to
smarten up the world's user base. Use the -g option at level
4 outside the confines of the machine room. The more lusers
that witness the act, the better.
- SEE ALSO
- Occasionally, the luser may survive the effects of luser -g4. In that event, a second invocation of the command will usually prove to be fatal.
Last Modified :
Heather Garvey / Work : [email protected] / Home : [email protected]